This is a competition introduced in 2004 alongside the standard distance Open BARs. The idea is to encourage people who want to ride sporting courses and not have to visit dual carriageway drag strips in search of fast times. The rules are as follows:
The Time Trial Championship shall be decided as given below:
- Only open time trial events shall count towards the competition*
- 4 events will count towards the competition from 3 categories ( at least 1 from each category ):
- Upto and including 10 miles
- Over 10 miles upto and including 25 miles
- Over 25 miles
- The winner will be the rider with times closest to the winners of the events.
- This shall be calculated as the event winners time as a percentage of the DMRC riders time.
- (Winners time time/DMRC riders X100)
- (21 mins /25 mins X100 = 84%)
- The scores from the DMRC riders 4 events will be averaged and the winner will be the highest percentage.
* Full open events only: ie. including all CTT conforming soloes with no entry restrictions. No middle markers, association only, ladies only, vets only, tricycle only or Rudy Project events.