It is the club's road race on Sunday the 18th of March. As per the last few years, it will be held on the Windley circuit with the HQ at the village hall in Hulland Ward.
The race will form part of the East Midlands Road Race League and will attract a talented field of riders from across the Region and beyond. The club has some very talented racers so we have a good chance of a home victory.
I am organising the event but it can't happen without the support of the DMRC membership. If you are able to help out with marshalling, judging, catering, course setup or driving one of the convoy vehicles then please let me know.
There will be a ride out from Derby for those helping out on the day and refreshments will be provided. Aside from driving one of the convoy vehicles, no previous experience is necessary and we will provide everything required.
Last year I had such great support that I was able to bring refreshments round to the marshal posts during the race which was fantastic, I hope to do the same again. There will also be a drink behind the bar in the Nags Head in Hulland Ward waiting for any thirsty volunteers after the event.
We have put on a great event for many years and I hope we can do the same this year. If you have any questions then please ask.
Dear All, I have taken the decision to postpone the road race this Sunday due to the weather forecast. Please let everyone know who might not see this.
I have just sent the following to all riders and reserves:
Unfortunately, I have had to take the decision to postpone the race due to take place on Sunday the 18th of March.
The local weather forecast, which has been stable for a few days now, is for very cold weather and winds gusting to over 40mph creating a feels like temperature of -8C. Given the forecast precipitation overnight and the rural nature of much of the circuit, I do not believe it would be safe to hold the race.
I am currently discussing an alternative date with British Cycling East Midlands and will update everyone as soon as a new date is available. Until that time I will hold the current entrants and reserves. Clearly, if you cannot make the new date when it is announced I will refund your entry.
Once again, sorry for the inconvenience but I hope you understand the decision.
The 7th of May (bank holiday Monday) has been proposed as a new date for the race. Could people please indicate availability to help on this date? Are there any clashes with local events?
The administrator has disabled public write access.